PLEASE READ: BURSARY FUNDING 2017
The Training & Travel Bursary Scheme is now CLOSED. More information on future opportunities will be available shortly.
Training and travel bursaries from Film Hub South East (FHSE) support Hub members’ access to special events, film festivals and training courses (for example, those run by the Hub and the Independent Cinema Office). We recognise that this provision is particularly important, as many film exhibitors are under-resourced and professional development can be expensive.
Members of FHSE may apply for bursaries which will serve as a contribution towards course fees, accreditation, and associated travel and accommodation costs. The intention is to enable members to attend relevant training and film events (such as film festivals) across the UK and internationally.
Who can apply?
Those associated with organisations which are FHSE members can apply for funding to support their professional development and audience development in their sector and the region.
- Member organisations have a cap of £750 a year (this can be split across a number of applications from its individual members of staff and/or volunteers).
- Applicants can apply for a minimum of £50 and a maximum of £500 (both inclusive of VAT) that can be used for up to 100% of the course fees/accreditation costs and 100% of travel and accommodation.
- You should apply a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the start date of the event/activity you wish to attend. If you are offered an opportunity with a short turnaround time please contact us to discuss prior to submitting your application.
We can fund:
- accreditation or course fees
- travel and accommodation costs
How do I apply?
- Ensure your organisation is a Film Hub South East member. Find out more about membership.
- Download in full and read our updated Travel and Training Guidelines 2017 [PDF] before you submit your application.
- Complete the online Training & Travel Bursary application form and upload all the required documents.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to save this form and return to it later, so it’s essential that you prepare fully using the guidelines before starting it.
- When you submit your application, the Film Hub South East office will log it and issue you with a Unique Reference Number (URN), which will need to be quoted on all future correspondence.
If you have any questions about the scheme or you need advice in filling in your application form, please email us or call: 01273 643179.