The Training & Travel bursaries have been designed to enhance the skills and knowledge base of cultural exhibitors in the South East by supporting members’ access to training courses, special events and film festivals.
Film Hub South East (FHSE) recognises that this is particularly important as many film exhibitors are under-resourced and professional development can be expensive.
Members of FHSE may apply for bursaries which will serve as a contribution towards course fees, accreditation, and associated travel and accommodation costs. The intention is to enable members to attend relevant training and film events (such as film festivals) across the UK and internationally.
- To provide access to training and professional development opportunities.
- To increase sector knowledge in UK independent & specialised film.
- To develop a skilled film exhibition sector in areas such as audience development, curation, special event planning (cinema plus), digital technology, business skills, marketing and social media.
Those assoicated with organisations which are FHSE members can apply for funding to support their professional development and audience development in their sector and the region.
When will this scheme be open from? Friday 28 February 2014
When do I need to apply by? This is a rolling scheme which will remain open until allocated funds are exhausted.
How much can I apply for? Up to £700 per year, per applicant.
FHSE can fund:
- accreditation or course fees
- travel and accomodation costs
We no longer request a match to the funding and the bursary can still be up to £700
When will the awards be announced? FHSE aims to announce succesful awards no later than 4 weeks after applications are received.
Applications to this fund must be made in good time before the event takes place. We are unable to accept retrospective applications.
Succesful applicants will be expected to write a post-activity report which may be shared on the FHSE website and with FHSE members.
To apply for a Training and Travel Bursary please follow the following steps:
- Ensure your organisation is a Film Hub South East member. Find out more about membership here.
- Download and read the FHSE Funding Guidelines 2013/14.
- Complete the online Training & Travel Bursary application form and upload all the required documents. PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to save this form and return to it later, so it is essential that you prepare fully using the FHSE Funding Guidelines 2013/14 before beginning it.
- Upon the succesful submission of your application, the Film Hub South East office will process it and issue you with a Unique Reference Number (URN) which will need to be quoted on all future correspondence.