The Training & Travel bursaries have been designed to enhance the skills and knowledge base of cultural exhibitors in the South East by supporting members’ access to training courses, special events and film festivals.
Film Hub South East (FHSE) recognises that this is particularly important as many film exhibitors are under-resourced and professional development can be expensive.
Members of FHSE may apply for bursaries which will serve as a contribution towards course fees, accreditation, and associated travel and accommodation costs. The intention is to enable members to attend relevant training and film events (such as film festivals) across the UK and internationally.
Those associated with organisations which are FHSE members can apply for funding to support their professional development and audience development in their sector and the region.
- You may apply for up to £700 per year, per applicant.
- We can fund up to 80% of fees and 50% of travel and accommodation costs. We do not fund costs for meals or drinks.
- This is a rolling scheme which will remain open until allocated funds are exhausted.
- There are monthly deadlines of the 25th of each month, after which you will receive a decision by the 21st of the following month.
- You should apply at least 2 – 3 months before the event as we will only fund expenses incurred after you have been given a decision on your application.
FHSE can fund:
- accreditation or course fees
- travel and accommodation costs
Please read the full application guidelines before you apply for the Training and Travel Bursary Scheme: FHSE Travel and Training Guidelines.
How do I apply?
- Ensure your organisation is a Film Hub South East member. Find out more about membership here.
- Download and read the FHSE Travel and Training Guidelines.
- Complete the online Training & Travel Bursary application form and upload all the required documents. PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to save this form and return to it later, so it is essential that you prepare fully using the FHSE Funding Guidelines before beginning it.
- Upon the successful submission of your application, the Film Hub South East office will process it and issue you with a Unique Reference Number (URN) which will need to be quoted on all future correspondence.
If you have any questions about the scheme or you need advice in filling in your application form, please email us or call: 01273 643119.