Here we highlight local film exhibition roles, and some national opportunities.
In addition to the below, visit the Independent Cinema Office website for regular job listings for the cinema exhibition sector.
Kino Rye, part time customer service staff
Opportunities farther afield:
Senior Programme Manager Film
British Council, London, Manchester, Belfast, Cardiff or Edinburgh £32,424-£46,823 per annum
In the Film team we use our connections and understanding of the UK contemporary film and media sector to advise and support our international colleagues on working with film within cultural relations programmes and provide a link to the UK. Together we develop projects to encourage showcasing, collaboration and professional exchange. We work in partnership with filmmakers and other film professionals to build relationships between the filmmaking, film sales, exhibition, and film education communities in the UK and around the world.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Programme Manager Film to ensure, working with colleagues in the Arts Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and throughout the British Council, that the cultural relations programme contains relevant, high quality, cost effective and impactful film-related components.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following essential knowledge & experience:
- Good, wide knowledge of contemporary UK film and the ability to make critical judgements across genres.
- A good network of contacts across the UK film sector.
- A track record of in film programming, film press/marketing, exhibition or production.
- The ability of write effectively for a variety of different audiences.
The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday 9 July 2017.
£30,000 per annum
A qualified, experienced, highly competent Finance Manager is being sought for Depot a new Independent 3-Screen Cinema, restaurant/café and educational centre recently launched in the historic town of Lewes, just outside Brighton.
We are ideally looking for a Finance Manager having both charity and business finance in their background, preferably within the arts but will consider an experienced finance manager from a transferable background.
The successful post holder will be expected to expertly keep financial control of this unique independent Cinema and Arts project from its recently launched stage to becoming a key component in its successful establishment in the area. We operate as a mixed economy; the cinema is a registered charity, the restaurant is profit making.
The charity behind the project, aims to create a venue that serves as a focal point for the local cultural community, not only in the area of film but through a wider range of art forms.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Luna at: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 June 2017
Film Events Co-ordinator
£12 per hour (Part time/Flexi time)
Depot is a new and unique 3-Screen independent cinema, restaurant, café and educational centre launched in May based in the historical town of Lewes, East Sussex. We now have an opening for an Events Co-ordinator to take care of our growing venue hire bookings and organisation for private hire film related events.
We are looking a person with event organising experience in their background ideally within the film industry, someone who is pro-active and highly organised in administration. Ideally experienced in sales and marketing venue hire for film events.
Events Co-ordinator role:
- Collate and deal with all enquiries for venue hire including face to face meetings with potential clients.
- Present proposals to clients and negotiate successful conclusions and agreements.
- Plan the events in conjunction with relevant parties.
- Liaise with programming, kitchen and restaurant/bar management to assess feasibility and costing.
- Deal with all paperwork including contracts and invoicing.
- Organise and potentially supervise actual events on the day ensuring they run smoothly and that registration systems are in place, trouble shooting, resolving any issues.
- Obtain feedback
Sales and Marketing
There is a sales and marketing aspect to the events co-ordination role this will involve:
- Developing the website page for this department promoting venues for film related events with our rates and prices and calendar of available venues each month/season and for the coming year.
- Promoting venue hire proactively.
- Co-ordinating available venues to client’s requirements.
- Developing a constantly evolving list of a range of potential private hire clients for film-related events.
We are both a charitable and commercial enterprise we are supportive of local charities, sympathetic and committed to the local community.
Are you a young person interested in film exhibition?
Cinemagic Summer Scheme: CALL FOR YOUNG FILM CONSULTANTS FOR CINEMAGIC BELFAST 2017!
Cinemagic is calling for young film enthusiasts to take on the role of ‘film consultants’ this July in Belfast, to help programme a series of films for the annual Cinemagic Festival that takes place from 6 -29 October 2017.
Participants will work with the Cinemagic team in Belfast to help steer the choice of films for the Festival, as they watch and critique films from around the globe.
If you know a budding film critic who would enjoy the opportunity, this is a fantastic opportunity to meet other likeminded young people and decide the content of the largest film festival for young people in the UK and Ireland.
Cinemagic is looking for young people aged 8-11, 12-14 and 15-18 with a keen interest in film and the enthusiasm to discuss and debate within a group.