Last year’s four winning DepicT! shorts are now available for you to screen free of charge on DCP (or DVD) throughout 2014 thanks to the support of Arts Alliance Media. DepicT! is Watershed’s international short film competition as part of Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival challenging filmmakers from all over the globe to create super-shorts of under 90 seconds.
DepicT! are inviting you to screen the short short(s) listed below in front of a feature film run or one off screenings:
DepicT! ’14 Award Winner & Shooting People / RPS Audience Award Winner:
Cool Unicorn Bruv 12A
Dir: Ninian Doff UK 2013 1mins 40 secs Live Action
VIEW ONLINE: http://www.depict.org/2013/cool-unicorn-bruv/
DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award Winner:
A Thing U
Dir: Chintan Gohil India 2013 1min 22 secs Documentary
A fine craftsman can make one of these beautiful ‘things’ in less than 90 seconds
VIEW ONLINE: http://www.depict.org/2013/a-thing/
DepicT! 2014 British Special Mention Award Winner:
Dir: James Young UK 2013 1 min 31 secs Animation
What happens when a character in a video game meets its end, and is re-born?
VIEW ONLINE: http://www.depict.org/2013/return
DepicT! ’14 Random Act Special Mention Winner:
Dir: Paul Hill UK 2013 1min40 secs Animation
The sun has come out to play. Run for your lives!
VIEW ONLINE: http://www.depict.org/2013/sun
How does it work?
- To express interest, just email Clare Leczycki (email@example.com) and the DCP files will be dispatched to you free of charge (on a DVD disk)
- There is no charge for screening the shorts at your venues throughout 2014.
- Upload and keep the DepicT! content onto your server(s) and the disk as a back-up.
- Note the shorts are all BBFC certificated and timings include credits so screenings won’t affect feature slots significantly
- If and when you go ahead with programming the films, please email Clare Leczycki (firstname.lastname@example.org) so your screening can be promoted via the DepicT! & Encounters webby networks and they have a record of screenings.
- If you would prefer a DVD version of the films please let Clare know when you send your expression of interest.
For those of you that organise short film nights, note that last year’s shortlist and the Best of DepicT! is available for bookings on DVD. Tailor made selections from the archive are regularly created for festivals across Europe from Glastonbury to Amsterdam. Dig into the archive at http://www.depict.org/watch-films and contact Depict! if you’d like a specific selection.
DepicT! is currently calling for great shorts, whatever the budget, genre and wherever you’re from. Entry is FREE and shorts MUST be 90 seconds or under. Deadline: 7 July.
For more information: http://www.depict.org/competition