Film Hub South East has now appointed all 12 members of its new Advisory Group. The members were selected as the result of an open application call, and chosen to ensure they represented the diversity of the region and the exhibition landscape in the South East. The position of Chair will be shared by Professor Anne Boddington (the Dean of the University of Brighton’s Faculty of Arts) and Dr Frank Gray (lead member of FHSE’s Management Board and Director of Screen Archive South East).
The Advisory Group has been formed to represent the interests of the Film Hub South East membership and engage stakeholders in the Hub’s development. The Advisory Group will provide advice and insight on the work of FHSE and contribute to its strategic development. It will also be responsible for the work of its Funding Scrutiny Sub-Committee, which will be dedicated to approving the award of grants to Hub members.
The Advisory Group members are as follows:
- (Co-Chairs) Professor Anne Boddington – University of Brighton Faculty of Arts and Dr Frank Gray – lead member of FHSE’s Management Board and Director of Screen Archive South East
- Lizzie Banks – Oska Bright
- Susan Beckett – City Eye
- Aysegul Epengin – Portsmouth Film Society
- Michael Gattrell – Picturedrome Electric Theatre Company
- Kevin Markwick – The Picture House, Uckfield
- Jon Pratty – Arts Council England
- John Richards – Community Cinema Operator, Oxford
- David Sparrow – Art Beyond Belief
- Sally Staples – East Sussex County Council
- Julia Vickers – Programme and Community Cinema Consultant, South Hill Park
- Jason Wood – Curzon Cinemas
- Christopher Woodhouse – Cineworld
The first Advisory Group meeting will take place on Wednesday 29 January in Brighton.